Pharmacy Times Continuing Education™ to Present Specialty Pharmacy CE Symposia in Washington, D.C.August 28, 2019
PTCE will offer six continuing education sessions at the seventh Annual National Association of Specialty Pharmacy Annual Meeting & Expo
CRANBURY, N.J.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–#ALS—Pharmacy Times Continuing Education™ (PTCE), a leader in continuing education (CE) for retail, health-system, managed care and specialty pharmacists, will conduct six CE-accredited sessions in conjunction with the National Association of Specialty Pharmacy (NASP) Annual Meeting & Expo, which will be held Sept. 9-12 at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park in Washington, D.C.
“We are pleased once again for the opportunity to present our six CE sessions to all attendees during this year’s NASP Annual Meeting & Expo in Washington, D.C.,” said Jim Palatine, RPh, MBA, president of PTCE. “The meeting brings the specialty pharmacy community together to enhance clinical and practical pharmacy knowledge, and we look forward to offering these educational sessions to those registered for the expo.”
PTCE’s satellite symposia lineup features these sessions:
- Examining the Use of Immunoglobulin for Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy Treatment, which will be held on Monday, Sept. 9, from 6-7 pm in the Maryland Room. The faculty presenters for this session are Luigi Brunetti, Pharm.D., MPH, associate professor of pharmacy at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, and Amy E. Clarke, RN IgCN, director of clinical program services in nursing at Diplomat Specialty Infusion. This activity is supported by educational grants from CSL Behring and Grifols.
- Examining Interleukin-17– and Interleukin-23–Inhibiting Biologics for Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis Treatment, which will be held on Tuesday, Sept. 10, from 7-8 am in the Maryland Room. Faculty presenters for this session are April Jones, Pharm.D., CSP, clinical specialty pharmacist, rheumatology, at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, and Jamie L. McConaha, Pharm.D., NCTTP, BCACP, CDE, associate professor of pharmacy practice at Duquesne University School of Pharmacy. This activity is supported by an educational grant from AbbVie Inc.
- Addressing the Needs of Adolescent Patients With Moderate to Severe Atopic Dermatitis, which will be held on Tuesday, Sept. 10, from 12:15-1:15 pm in the Maryland Room. Faculty presenters for this session are Steven A. Scott, Pharm.D., associate professor of pharmacy practice at Purdue University College of Pharmacy, and Cari W. Pao, Pharm.D., MSHCM, MBA, senior clinical director of health outcomes at Walgreens. This activity is supported by an educational grant from Sanofi Genzyme and Regeneron Pharmaceuticals.
- Examining Treatment Strategies for Myasthenia Gravis: A Specialty Pharmacist’s Review, which will be held on Tuesday, Sept. 10, from 6-7 pm in the Maryland Room. The faculty presenter for this session is Gil I. Wolfe, M.D., FAAN, the Irvin and Rosemary Smith professor and chairman in the department of neurology at Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences at the State University of New York at Buffalo. This activity is supported by educational grants from CSL Behring and Grifols.
- Examining the Economic Data Associated With Early Influenza Intervention With Antiviral Therapy, which will be held on Wednesday, Sept. 11, from 7-8 am in the Maryland Room. The faculty presenter for this session is Carrie Koenigsfeld, Pharm.D., FAPhA, professor at Drake College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences and clinical pharmacist at UnityPoint Clinic Internal Medicine–Lakeview in Iowa.
- Examining Treatments and Best Practices for Specialty Pharmacists in the Care of Patients With Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), which will be held on Wednesday, Sept. 11, from 1:30-2:30 pm in the Maryland Room. The faculty presenter for this session is Jack J. Chen, Pharm.D., FASCP, FCCP, BCPS, BCGP, neurology pharmacist at Clinical Neurology Consultants. This activity is supported by an educational grant from Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma America.
Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education, each PTCE CE session provides attendees with the opportunity to earn 1.0 live CE credit per session. For more information and to register for sessions, click here.
About Pharmacy Times Continuing Education™
Pharmacy Times Continuing Education™ (PTCE) is a leader in continuing education for retail, health-system, managed care and specialty pharmacists. PTCE is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education (CPE). PTCE’s print, online and live CPE activities are designed to improve the knowledge, competence and skills of pharmacists to better prepare them to provide the highest quality of pharmacy care to the patients they serve and the physicians they assist as part of a multidisciplinary treatment and management team. PTCE is a brand of MJH Life Sciences™, the largest privately held, independent, full-service medical media company in the U.S. dedicated to delivering trusted health care news across multiple channels.
About the National Association of Specialty Pharmacy (NASP)
The National Association of Specialty Pharmacy (NASP) is a 501(c)(6) nonprofit trade organization and the only national association representing all stakeholders in the specialty pharmacy industry, including the nation’s leading specialty pharmacies, pharmaceutical and biotechnology manufacturers, health plans and integrated delivery systems, wholesalers, group purchasing organizations, and pharmacy benefit managers. The mission of NASP is to elevate the practice of specialty pharmacy by developing and promoting continuing professional education and certification of specialty pharmacists, as well as advocating for public policies that ensure patients have appropriate access to specialty medications in tandem with critical services. The association provides an online education center offering accredited continuing pharmacy education programs, hosts an annual meeting that offers education sessions and continuing education credits and is the only organization that offers a certification program for specialty pharmacists. NASP members include the nation’s leading independent specialty pharmacies, pharmaceutical and biotechnology manufacturers, group purchasing organizations, patient advocacy groups, integrated delivery systems and health plans, technology and data management vendors, wholesalers/distributors and practicing pharmacists. With over 100 corporate members and 1,500 individual members, NASP is the unified voice of specialty pharmacy in the United States.
Alexandra Ventura, 609-716-7777, ext. 121
John Patricolo, 609-325-4630