The 11th annual national awards program will take place online this year and recognize 30 exceptional pharmacy professionals in 10 categories
CRANBURY, N.J.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–#CivicLeader—Pharmacy Times®, the leading media resource for pharmacists, in conjunction with Parata Systems, a leading provider of pharmacy automation, reveal the 30 finalists for the 2020 Next-Generation Pharmacist® awards. The 11th annual virtual awards program will take place virtually on Oct. 21st at 7:30 p.m. EST.
“This year marks the 11th year of the annual awards program with Parata,” said John Hydrusko, vice president of Pharmacy & Healthcare Communications. “We are incredibly honored to recognize each of these bright leaders in the pharmacy community, and we look forward to celebrating their outstanding contributions this fall at our 2020 Next-Generation Pharmacist® ceremony.”
The 2020 Next-Generation Pharmacist® awards program is peer-nominated and honors remarkable pharmacists, student pharmacists, technicians and industry advocates in 10 categories. As 2020 has fundamentally changed all aspects of our lives, the practice of pharmacy immediately shifted as we continue to think about safety tomorrow and beyond. The name of these awards, “Next-Generation Pharmacist,” has never been more important and timely.
Selected by a panel of distinguished judges, the 30 finalists exemplify the various roles within the pharmaceutical industry. Three finalists were selected in each category, signifying a range of pharmacy practice settings, including large chain retailers, independent pharmacies, specialty pharmacies, military bases, health clinics and educational institutions.
The 2020 Next-Generation Pharmacist® finalists are as follows:
● Dutrochet Djoko, Pharm.D., ME.d, MS.c, B.S., RPh, CVS Health.
● Christina Madison, Pharm.D., FCCP, AAHIVP, Roseman University of Health Sciences – College of Pharmacy.
● Victoria Reinhartz, Pharm.D., CPh, LECOM School of Pharmacy.
● Selma Alami, Pharm.D., Mustang Drug.
● Chris Antypas, Pharm.D., Asti’s South Hills Pharmacy.
● David Kohll, Pharm.D., Kohll’s Rx.
● Savannah Cunningham, Mercer University College of Pharmacy.
● Kate Norville, Union University College of Pharmacy.
● Angelina Raimonde, Pharm.D., B.S., Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, School of Pharmacy.
● David Hager, Pharm.D., University of Washington Health.
● Rupal Patel Mansukhani, Pharm.D., CTTS, FAPhA, Rutgers University, Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy.
● Jennifer Tharp, Pharm.D., BCPS, BCCCP, Johnson City Medical Center.
● Rear Adm. Ty Bingham, Pharm.D., US Public Health Service Commissioned Corps, Federal Bureau of Prisons.
● Karen L. Kier, Ph.D., MS.c, RPh, BCPS, BCACP, CTTS, FASHP, Raabe College of Pharmacy, Ohio Northern University.
● Dave Olig, RPh, Prescription Center Pharmacy Inc.
Patient Care Provider
● Jay Gupta, MS.c, RPh, MTM Specialist, C-IAYT, Harbor Care.
● Kendra Holmes, Pharm.D., Affinia Healthcare.
● Randy McDonough, Pharm.D., M.S., BCPS, BCGP, Towncrest Pharmacy, Loma Linda University School of Pharmacy.
● Allison Burns, Pharm.D., RPh, EMO Health.
● Maj. Aubrie Frazier, Pharm.D., BCGP, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson.
● Bejoy Paul Maniara, Pharm.D., BCPS, BCIDP, MBA (c), Northwell Health, Long Island Jewish Valley Stream.
● Michael W. Crowe, Pharm.D., MBA, CSP, FMPA, Walgreens.
● Kionna Oleru, Pharm.D., BioMatrix Specialty Pharmacy.
● Derek Phillips, Pharm.D., Walgreens.
● Stephanie P. Pomeroy, CPhT, UNC Rex Healthcare.
● Melanie Grace Sarabia, CPhT, Memorial Medical Center Foundation.
● Steven Trevino, CPhT, Creative Care Pharmacy, Mustang Drug, Friday Harbor Drug, Hutton Pharmacy.
● Charles Anderson, Womack Army Medical Center.
● Drew Mihalyo, Pharm.D., Delta Care Rx.
● Katherine E. Werner, Pharm.D., CDCES, VHA-CM, VA-VISN 19 Rocky Mountain Clinical Resource Hub.
“As pharmacists face increased pressure to offer additional services to their communities, these finalists represent individuals who have truly excelled at bringing pharmacy into the future,” said Rob Kill, Parata CEO. “For over a decade, we have continued to celebrate pharmacists and pharmacy leaders who have been recognized by their peers, and congratulate all the 2020 finalists.”
Winners for each of the categories will be announced, and one winner will be named the 2020 Next-Generation Pharmacist® at the 11th annual virtual awards program. All selected finalists will be featured in the September print and online issues of Pharmacy Times® and on nextgenpharmacist.com.
About Pharmacy Times®
Pharmacy Times® is the industry-leading multimedia pharmacy network of community, health-system, oncology and specialty pharmacy platforms, providing practical clinical and professional information that pharmacists can use in their everyday practices when counseling patients and interacting with other health care providers. Each issue and the website contain articles and features covering industry trends, medication errors, drug interactions, patient education, disease state management, patient counseling, product news, pharmacy law and more. Additionally, Pharmacy Times Continuing Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Pharmacy Times® is a brand of MJH Life Sciences™, the largest privately held, independent, full-service medical media company in North America dedicated to delivering trusted health care news across multiple channels.
About Parata Systems, LLC
Parata provides pharmacy technology solutions to reduce costs, improve health outcomes, and enhance the patient experience by offering the most comprehensive pharmacy automation portfolio with medication adherence packaging, high-speed robotic dispensing technologies, and pharmacy workflow solutions. Discover how pharmacies across all practice settings use our solutions to stay out in front at parata.com.
Pharmacy Times® Media
John Patricolo, 609-325-4630
Parata Systems Media
Olivia Mannion, 518-321-1908