DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension – Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2029” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The PAH market 2019 sales is estimated at approximately $4.5B across the 7MM, encompassing the US, the five major European countries (5EU: France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and UK), and Japan. By 2029, the publisher expects the overall market to grow at a moderate compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.9% to reach sales of $7.2B over the 10-year period. The 5EU market is anticipated to grow the fastest of the three regions, recording a CAGR of 7.3%, while the US and Japan will record CAGRs of 4.3% and 0.4%, respectively. At the end of 2029, the US will contribute around 72% of global sales, while the 5EU and Japan will account for 26% and 2% of global sales, respectively. The higher sales numbers for the US can be attributed to the higher price of pharmaceuticals and the greater diagnosed prevalence of PAH in the region. The extremely low PAH market size in Japan can be attributed to the low disease prevalence, which is probably a result of under-diagnosis of PAH in Japan.
Over the 10-year forecast period, the PAH market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.9%, reaching around $7.2B in 2029. The major driver for this growth will be the increased use of drugs from different classes in combination with each other, which will lead to increased treatment costs. (Read more…) According to KOLs, combination therapy will become a mainstay in PAH treatment during the forecast period, with greater use of upfront dual and triple combinations. This, in turn, will be the major driver of the market, despite the patent expirations of most currently marketed drugs and generic erosion.
Overall, the greatest unmet need in the PAH space is for novel drugs with curative or disease-stabilizing properties. The currently available drugs work in slowing the disease progression, and lead to improvements in FC. However, there is no marketed drug that addresses the underlying disease mechanism and is targeted at curing patients. The treatment algorithm for PAH has shifted from the use of monotherapies to using drugs in combination with each other.
- The proportion of people at risk of developing PAH is expected to increase over the 10-year forecast period due to the growing aging population.
- The potential launch of 8 late-stage pipeline agents will increase the number of patients who can be offered pharmacological treatment options. In addition, three of these drugs in late-stage development are expected to have a high annual cost of therapy (ACOT), a factor that will contribute to notable profitability.
- Despite multiple therapies currently available to PAH patients, there is still a high level of unmet need within the treatment space. The most recognizable is the need for novel disease-modifying properties.
Reasons to Buy
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies, using a detailed overview of current pipeline products and technologies to identify companies with the most robust pipelines.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global PAH therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global PAH market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global PAH therapeutics market from 2019-2029.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Table of Contents
2 Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension: Executive Summary
3.2 Related Reports
4 Disease Overview
4.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology
4.2 Classification or Staging Systems
5.1 Disease Background
5.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities
5.3 Global and Historical Trends
5.4 Forecast Methodology
5.5 Epidemiological Forecast for PAH (2019-2029)
6 Disease Management
6.1 Diagnosis and Treatment Overview
6.2 Clinical Practice
6.3 Overview of Treatment Guidelines
7 Competitive Assessment
8 Unmet Needs and Opportunity Assessment
8.2 Curative or Stabilizing Therapeutics Targeting a Novel, Fourth Pathway
8.3 Improved Drug Administration and Side Effects
8.4 Improved Clinical Trial Design and Slowing Disease Progression
8.5 Drugs to Prevent Right Heart Failure
9 Pipeline Assessment
9.2 Promising Drugs in Clinical Development
10 Current and Future Players
11 Market Outlook
- United Therapeutics
- Acceleron Pharma
- Apeiron Biologics
- Northern Therapeutics
- PhaseBio Pharmaceuticals
- Liquidia Technologies
- Mezzion Pharma
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/fxkudp
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900